A key factor in gaining advantage over your competitors is to identify the most significant current digital marketing trends, learn how to implement the associated key tactics and use those tools to increase your visibility in the digital space. By improving your customer’s online experience, you will raise engagement levels within your current client base and importantly, grow your potential audience. Here are six digital “must know” marketing tactics to grow your online presence.
- Content is still king (Content Marketing) When searching online, people expect to read quality content which provides them value. The best way to start producing content is by identifying where your audience are in their purchasing cycle and tailoring content to speak directly to them. It is important to create content that talks about the current events which are relevant to your customers and your brand. Content creation takes time and focus, so ensure that you get as much coverage by posting and linking across all your online platforms. It is also essential that any content posted to your website is written with SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) at the forefront of your mind, ensuring the most important keywords are seeded through the content.
- Be Mobile Ready or be left behind (Mobile Marketing) The rise of smartphones is creating smarter consumers and with more than 55% of all search coming from a mobile device, this is creating opportunities for smarter marketing utilising aspects USHC as GPS targeting. Smartphones are always on, always connected and always with us. 2015 was definitely the year for mobile. Google announced that mobile searches surpassed desktop searches. Interestingly, Google came out with an algorithm which identifies websites that are not optimised for mobile and ranks them accordingly. Therefore, it’s crucial that your website is mobile-friendly.
- A Social Presence is What You Need (Social Marketing) Over the last few years social media has completely changed the world of communications and hence the world of marketing. Social media marketing enables you to showcase your brand to a broader target market and to create greater brand awareness while boosting traffic to your website and hence your search engine rating. Its popularity is particularly due to the fact that it’s a largely free channel to proactively develop a loyal community for your brand, which is essential for a long-term success. Managing social media channels, such as responding to tweets and giving feedback to customers on Facebook, can be time consuming. At Childcare Concepts Marketing we have specialist digital marketing managers who can plan and implement your social media strategy, freeing you up to concentrate on your core business focus.
- Paid Digital Advertising (Digital Marketing) Google gives us the chance to always target the right audience, at the right time i.e when they are in the buying mode. With the use of Adwords, display & remarking advertising, and sponsored posts in social media, digital advertising has grown exponentially over the past 5 years, and Google Adwords, although increasingly competitive, will likely remain a key marketing tool for years to come.
- Email Marketing remains vital (Email Marketing) There is a misconception that email marketing such as eNewsletters or EDMs as we affectionately call them in the marketing world are old-fashioned and ineffective; but if managed correctly, targeted well and packed with valuable and well written content, EDMs can hit the mark. They still allow the business owner to share relevant and targeted information with specific audiences, at the right time.
In conclusion, building your digital marketing plan with these five key digital trends will mean you’re ready to take opportunities in the ever evolving digital marketing world.
Contact Childcare Concepts Marketing to help get you started!